How do I create custom timesheet summary reports?
You might need to create more complex hours summary reports that group and subtotal data by cost center, employee, project or task. The Custom Timesheet Summary Report is a very powerful report that allows you to group hours data by any five standard or custom fields.
To create a Custom Timesheet Summary Report:
- Navigate to Reports.
- Scroll down to the Timesheet Reports reporting box.
- At the bottom of this box, click on Create Custom Timesheet Summary Report.
- The setup page allows up to five possible data field groupings.
- You can select Groupings 1 through 5, although you can use only three or four groupings.
- Here are some examples of Groupings you might want to use:
- (1) Cost Center by (2) Employee by (3) Project by (4) Phase by (5) Task.
- (1) Crew by (2) Employee by (3) Job by (4) Cost Code.
- (1) Project by (2) Task by (3) Employee.
- In these examples, we are grouping by major system object names such as Cost Center or Employee. However, you can also set grouping by object custom fields such an Employee or Project custom field value.
- After selecting your Groupings click on Step 2.
- On Step 2 just complete normal settings such as: Report Name, preset Time Period, Page Size, and Subtotals.
- Subtotals can be set for any one or all of your Groupings you setup on the previous page.
- Click Okay to save the report.
After saving the report, you can come back later and modify most of its settings such as Time Period. You can also add other data fields to the report, but only those directly related to the object groupings you previously created. Once setup, the Groupings cannot be edited. So if you want to have a report with modified Groupings, just create a new Custom Timesheet Summary Report.