How do project time approvers approve project time?
Pacific Timesheet supports up to four levels of project time approval. You can assign a project time approver to approve project time in each project's profile (See assigning project time approvers).
To make project time approvals:
- Navigate to the Approvals tab. Note that there are horizontal sub-menu items in this tab for Timesheet Approvals and Project Time Approvals. You will be using Project Time Approvals.
- Click on Project Time Approvals
- Your system will be set to a default date range for project time entries, e.g. today, yesterday, last 7 days, last 30 days, etc.
- You can also set your own date range for your project time approvals and click search.
- The Project Time Approvals screen will return all the project time entries you are assigned to approve within your selected date range.
Daily Project Time Approvals
To conduct daily project time approvals, the Date Range menu allows a user to choose Today and Yesterday as date ranges for project time approvals. To do this:
- Select Today or Yesterday as the Date Range.
- Then click Search
The project time approval user will then see all project time entries that they are assigned to approve. Project time approvals can be made at two levels:
- Project Time Summary Level. For the Date Range selected, the dashboard will show a row for each Project Name / Employee Name combination. There will also be a check box for each project time approval level enabled in the system. You can approve or reject each row by marking the row's check box and clicking the approve or reject buttons on the upper right of the screen.
- Project Time Details Level. You can also approve or reject project time entries at a details level. At the end of each Project Name / Employee Name row, there is a >> button to drill into the project time approval details for that row. In details, you can approve or reject individual time entries for one employee, and then scroll forward to the next employee to continue approvals and rejections.
Weekly or Other Time Period Project Time Approvals
To conduct weekly or other time period project time approvals, the Date Range menu allows a user to choose any date range for project time approvals. To do this:
- Select the Date Range.
- Then click Search
Additionally, a system administrator can set a default date range menu value:
- Navigate to Approvals>Project Time Approvals
- Click on Tools
- Click on Options
- Set the Default Time Period by selecting a date range list value, e.g. today, yesterday, last seven days, etc.
For project time approvals, as all project time entries returned will, by default, have a status of Pending, this means you can also the Date Range to last 30 days to capture missed project time approvals.