How do I run a timesheet export?
If you have a timesheet export setup and enabled, you can run the export to create a .csv export file as follows:
- Navigate to the Timesheets tab.
- Run a search that includes timesheets within the date range you want to export, e.g. Previous Week, Previous Biweekly, etc.
- Click on the Tools button (the downward triangle on the right side next to the delete button).
- Click on the link of the enabled timesheet export (e.g. ABC Payroll Export).
- A dialog will display with four options:
- Export data that has NOT been marked as exported
- Export data that has been marked as exported
- Export all data
- Mark data as exported - A system note always displays on this option: "If this option is checked then exported data will be marked as exported. This will help prevent you from reprocessing the same data. Note that data for unsubmitted timesheets will be ignored - only submitted timesheet data will be marked."
- Run a timesheet export using option 1 (Export data that has NOT been marked as exported) to test the export. Review the timesheets.csv data file to ensure data integrity, fixed timesheet data and finalize your data for final export and processing to your ERP, payroll or accounting system.
- When you are ready to run a final export, select option 1 and then check the "Mark data as exported" checkbox.
- Marking timesheet data allows you to run additional exports so they include only new timesheets. It also ensures that you do not mistakenly export already exported timesheets and pay employees a second time.
- After exporting your timesheets.csv file, note there is now a blue checkmark in the Exported column for each exported and marked timesheet.
- To do a deep dive into the effect of editing timesheets on a timesheet's export status and more, See: How does marking time or expense entries as exported work?