A locale is a geographic/language setting that will set the following in the system or for a user:
- The language displayed, e.g. English, French, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, etc.
- Time formats (e.g. English/US AM/PM or Military Time formats)
- Date formats (e.g. English/US dd/mm/yyyy or European mm/dd/yyyy)
- Number formats (e.g. English/US 1,000.00 or Denmark/Danish 1.234,56
- Days of the week in the local language (this setting applies for all locales worldwide).
- Note that in locations that use 12 hour-time (e.g. the United States) you can optionally override the locale preference and use 24 hour time in the User Preference page.
Locales can also be used for access to Holidays. This is most useful if locales can be used for company regions and the assignment of appropriate Holidays.
You can also set alternate translations of key Terms in Pacific Timesheet, by setting override translations in Terminology, Work Breakdown Structure and other key areas of the system.
Note: Pacific Timesheet will always assume the employee is in the locale setup in the system, rather than the locale detected by his browser.