How can I grant users permission to view Leave Request tab data read only?
There are use cases where you need users to be able to monitor or research employees' future availability for staffing and capacity planning. One method is grant timekeepers and schedulers permission to view employee leave requests and scheduled leave, even though they might be assigned as employee managers or leave request approvers.
Leave Request Can View Permission
When enabled, the 'Can manage' permission for leave requests will allow a user to view leave requests they are assigned to view. In this case, The Can manage permission if not paired with a "Can edit" permission, gives the right implicitly to view leave request data.
We will walk through configuration for a scheduler/resource manager user:
- As the System Administrator, navigate to System > Security Permissions.
- Clone an existing permission, such as Timekeeper, by navigating to that permission, and on the unedited permission page, click the "Clone" button. Or you can create a new permission from scratch.
- While in edit mode for the new permission, scroll down to Leave Requests
- Enable Can Manage by clicking the checkbox.
- Then enable All [ ] or Limited [ ]
- If you have a smaller system and your timekeeper/schedule roles have permission to view leave request data for the entire company, enable All [x].
- If you have a larger system, you can assign this permission to the groups of employees (divisions, departments, etc.) to which you want to grant this permission access.
- If you are modifying an already existing timekeeper/scheduler permission, this change can leverage group permission assignments already in place
These users will now be able to view, but not approve or delete, leave requests for groups they
are assigned to. If they are also leave request approvers, they will still be able to perform that function for appropriate employees.