How do I enable user location tracking in Pacific Timesheet?
When enabled, location tracking will track employee locations as they record their time or other entries.
Enabling Location Tracking
- Log in as a system administrator
- Navigate to System>System Options
- Click System Options
- Scroll down to Location Tracking:
- Click the Enabled checkbox
- Click OK
- Enabling Location Tracking will create a new asset type named "Location."
Assigning Location Tracking
You enable location tracking for each appropriate timesheet template:
- Navigate to System > Templates.
- Click on an individual template which takes you to the main template page.
- Do not edit this page.
- Scroll down to Asset & Log Tracking.
- Click the show/hide widget to display enabled assets and logs.
- Click edit
- Click the checkbox next to Location.
- Click OK to save.
Now, as employees enter time on their timesheets (or crew leads enter time, asset and log data for their crews) a new location entry will be created with the location timestamp. Subsequent data entry for the same day will only result in new location entries if the employee's location has changed by more than about 11 meters (36 feet). Locations will be more accurate for devices that have GPS, but a reasonably close location will usually be recorded even using computers/tablets without GPS (depending upon the OS and web browser).
Please sign in to leave a comment.