How do I use location tracking (GPS tracking) in Pacific Timesheet?
When enabled, Pacific Timesheet will automatically track your location (GPS longitude and latitude coordinates) when you are using the application. When using crew timesheets, you will see a Locations tab. For an individual timesheet user, you will see a My Locations tab. Administrative and approver users can view location entries on the Asset & Logs>Locations tab. Asset & Log tab configurations will vary across different systems.
How Location Tracking Works
All devices (e.g. mobile devices, tablets, PCs and laptops) have the ability track the location of a user. For mobile devices, location services must be enabled. More recent versions of IOS and Android now require users to grant permission to apps to track their locations.
- Whether you are using Pacific Timesheet's browser application, the Pacific Crew or Pacific Time apps, you will always be asked to accept that location services will be turned on for the application. If you decline, location services will not work.
- For Pacific Crew, when you are logged in as a timekeeper (e.g. Foreman’s or crew lead), your locations will be tracked while you use the app. The app will capture your location and send gps data to the cloud. Approvers and other supervisors and other managers will be able to view this location data. After submitting and locking your crew timesheet, you can retrieve location entries from the cloud by tapping Download Sheet.
- For the Pacific Time app, your location will be tracked while you use the app. Your location entries will be available in real time. They can be viewed by tapping the location entry and then the map link to google maps.
- The feature tracks the first location and changes in location throughout the day. The location services are sensitive to 11 meters (36 feet).
- Locations will show longitude/latitude on Day 1, and at midnight of Day 1, these readings will be converted into an interpolated street address.
- A timesheet approval/reviewer with the right to view the timesheet can always view the location by tapping on a location entry map.