How do I export custom date ranges for time entries?
Normal Timesheet Exports
On the Timesheets tab, Search allows you to search for entire timesheets that fall within a selected Time Period, e.g. Previous Week, Previous Biweekly, etc. Search returns timesheets with data contained completely or partially within the preselected date range.
Time Entry Exports Using Custom Date Ranges
Pacific Timesheet’s “Clip exported time entries to date range” setting allows you to export time entries by a custom date range.
“This option is useful if you are exporting time entries for time periods different than the timesheet period. You would want to check this option, for instance, if timesheets have weekly periods but you export to payroll semimonthly.”
How to Use “Clip to Date Range”
To enable Clip to Date Range:
- Navigate to System > Data Integration > (Name of Export) > Edit
- Enable Clip to Date Range
- Click Okay to save.
Running Timesheet Exports
When you are done with your Clip to Date Range timesheet exports, disable this feature so your Time Period preset date ranges work correctly.
Rather than using Time Periods found in the Time Period select list, you will create a Custom Time Period:
- Navigate to the Timesheets tab
- Select a Start Date
- Select a Finish Date
- Note that the Default Time Period list value will change to “Custom.”
- Set the Export Status value to “Unexported”
- Complete the Timesheet Export
- When you “mark” the exported entries as exported, only the time entries contained within your custom time period will be marked. Those not contained in that custom time period will remain unmarked.
- On the Timesheet tab the Timesheet Exported flag will not display at the far right of the employee timesheet rows because the timesheet is not fully exported.
- When you are ready to export the remainder of the timesheets, repeat steps 2 – 5.
- After you are done with your export, change Export Status to “Any.”
- Note that now the blue Exported flag displays because the timesheet and all of its entries are fully exported.