How do I mass update bill rates and amounts and pay rates and amounts?
Pacific Timesheet has a rates mass updates tool that can modify bill and pay rates and amounts over a selected date range.
This tool is a REST utility that sends the parameters of a mass updates to Pacific Timesheet. It requires authentication using the main system administrator account. The parameters of the mass update are set in the following REST URL:
Where * is the Pacific Timesheet subdomain.domain.com URL.
An example of the full URL would look like this:
Notes on setting Parameters:
- auth-login must be an administrator account. This authentication is optional if running on a localhost.
- Start and finish dates are required.
- Type is optional. These can be "Bill", "Pay" or "Salary."
- Today is required as a safety check to keep from running the tool accidentally.
- Date formats must be in the locale of your system and admin user account:
- English United States: mm/dd/yyyy
- English Canadian/United Kingdom/and others: dd/mm/yyyy
- If the start, finish or today's dates do not use the correct format, you will get an error message.
- After running successfully, the browser will return the following response sample:
<response status="ok"><updaterates><result>Update redone.</result></updaterates></response>
- If there are errors, you will get a response status not equal to ok.