Why is a user getting email reminders and late notices that he should not receive?
The answer is likely that the user is setup to receive email notices, not that there is an issue with the system. Check how the user is setup.
Conditions for Timesheet User to Receive Reminders & Late Notices
A user setup needs to meet three conditions for him to receive automated email notices:
- A timesheet template is assigned to his employee profile
- His timesheets are being created in the system and appear on the Timesheets tab, and
- His status is active
If you have user timesheet reminders and late notices enabled, this user will receive them.
Knowing this, you still might have users who insist that they should not receive email notes.
How to Disable Email Notices for Users
Email notices are triggered by certain conditions:
- The user has an email address in his profile.
- The user has a timesheet template in his profile.
- The user's security permission includes Can Approve Timesheets, Can Approve Leave Requests or Can Approve Expense Sheets enabled.
- The user is assigned as an approver in employee profiles
- The user is assigned as an approver in group profiles.
Email Notice Checklist
Understanding these conditions, to troubleshoot email notices that should not be going to users:
Timesheet Due/Late Email Notices
- Check to if the user is active and has a timesheet showing up in the Timesheets tab.
- If they have an email address setup in their user profile, they will receive timesheet email notices.
- If you do not want a timesheet generated by the system for them, make sure their timesheet template field in their user profile is blank.
- In turn, if the user has no timesheet, the system will not send them timesheet due and late email notices.
Timesheet Approval Due/Late Notices
- If the user is active and should not approve timesheets, but they are getting timesheet approval due and late email notices, check to make sure they are not assigned to approve any user timesheets.
- Also, make sure their security permission does not enable Can Approve Timesheets.
Leave Request Approval Due/Late Notices
- If the user is active and should not approve leave requests, but they are getting leave request approval due and late email notices, check to make sure they are not assigned to approve any user leave requests.
- Also, make sure their security permission does not enable Can Approve Leave Requests.
When To Not Disable Email Notices for Users
- For a user to receive a forgot password email to reset their password, you should have an email address setup in their user profile.
- It's true that users might complain and not want to receive automated email notices. However, you should explain that if they are supposed to make and/or approve leave requests, or submit and/or approve expense sheets, they should receive email notices.
- Second, you should explain that if they are on time with their approvals, they will never get a late notice.
- For incidental events, like leave approvals or rejections, or timesheet rejections, they should receive corresponding email notices. For non-periodic events, like requests and rejections, automated emails are a great solution and are proven to dramatically improve on-time performance for submissions and approvals