How do I integrate with Pacific Timesheet using Dropbox?
You can specify a Dropbox account location that integrates with Pacific Timesheet Auto-Import features (System > General > Data Integration > Auto-Import Directory). You can also specify a Dropbox account location for your scheduled exports of time, asset and other data (System > General > Data Integration > Timesheet Export, etc.).
The Pacific Timesheet online help (the context-sensitive Help link in the upper-right corner of the application) has complete details, but the following overview will provide you with the basics of how to configure Dropbox integration with Pacific Timesheet:
1. From the Auto-Import Directory page (or Timesheet Export > Export Schedule page, etc.) specify Dropbox in the "Import From" (or "Export To") menu:
2. This will show the Dropbox settings dialog. Click the "Link New Account" button:
3. This will open a new browser page or tab where you will be asked for permission to link Pacific Timesheet to your Dropbox account. Sign in to the appropriate Dropbox account that you wish to link to, then click "Allow":
4. Clicking "Allow" will give you an authorization code for Dropbox. Carefully select the entire code and copy and paste it into the Dropbox settings dialog in Pacific Timesheet:
5. Close the Dropbox settings dialog, specify an optional sub-folder (e.g. "imports" or "exports"), then click the OK button to save the configuration:
The Dropbox account you linked to you will now have a new Apps/PacificTimesheet folder. If you specified a sub-folder you also will see that sub-folder within the Apps/PacificTimesheet folder.
Support for Dropbox cloud file storage starts with Pacific Timesheet 9.15 Build 409.