How do I change a submitted timesheet's template?
It depends upon if the previous period is processed already (sent to payroll/accounting electronically).
Editing the Timesheet
If the employee timesheet has not been processed:
- Change the employee’s timesheet template in his employee profile to the new desired template. In many cases, the new template might allow him/her to enter data into additional fields.
- For the last period, unapprove and unsubmit their timesheet
- Unsubmitting unlocks it from editing and also allows the time template to update when it is edited.
- After it updates, he or you can edit and re-submit
- Then re-approve.
- From current time period on the employee timesheet should update automatically to the new template if it’s unlocked (unsubmitted) and they can go about editing it with the newly added fields.
Adjustment Entries on the Timesheet
Using the Adjustment interface for a submitted timesheet only allows you to create an Adjustment entry that utilizes the submitted timesheet’s underlying template.
To change the underlying timesheet template and allow the addition of adjustment entries that add in new field data, the timesheet will need to be unsubmitted and re-submitted to change the underlying timesheet template:
- Change the employee's timesheet template in their employee profile
- Unsubmit the timesheet you want to adjust (this will regenerate the timesheet using the newly assigned timesheet template.
- re-submit the timesheet template
- Then place a check mark to the left of the time entry row you want to adjust.
- Click on the Add Correction button
- Edit the Correction entry and click okay.