How do I adjust an employee's balance.
There might be times when you need to adjust an employee's balance:
1) A balance accrual did not run properly because the employee policy was not properly assigned. for this case, you would want to add a positive entry to an employee's balance.
2) An employee is cashing out on a balance when they are leaving the company. In this case, you would add a negative entry to zero out an employee's balance.
You can modify an employee balance as follows:
- Navigate to the Employees tab.
- Navigate to the employee profile you want to modify.
- Open up Current Balances for the employee.
- Click on the Balance name you want to edit.
- Change the Operator to Set.
- Enter the Balance entry to amount you want.
- Enter the Effective Date.
- Enter a comment such as “Annual Vacation accrual on January 2, 2018.”
- Press Update to create the new entry.
Note that this new entry will update the balance as of the effective date with the new accrual amount.