How do I setup and assign holidays?
Holidays can be setup by creating a name and specific date on which it will fall. Without any special restrictions, holidays will be available to all employees in the system. You can restrict certain holidays to groups of employees by assigning them to groups or locales. Customers with large global operations restrict holidays to members of country groups. Holidays, when combined with enabled schedule rules (system>policies>schedule rules) can be pushed automatically onto employee timesheets. You can restrict this from happening using timesheet template settings (system>templates>timesheet template>advanced settings>time entries allowed>work only) for part-time workers who do not get holidays.
- Navigate to System>Holidays
- Click Add to create a new Hooliday.
- Set the Holiday Name
- Fill in a Description
- Select a date for the Holiday.
- Set the Repeat rule if applicable. There are very few holidays that repeat in a pattern from year to year, so it's best to not set this rule.
- You can set the Partial Day option for half-day holidays by setting a percent of the full day parameter.
- You can limit or restrict the Holiday to one or more Locales, or
- You can restrict the Holiday to assigned Groups. The most common application of group restriction is to assign a Holiday to a "Country Group," i.e. a Permission Group with employees who will have the permission to receive this Holiday. A Permission Group is a group, with member employees, whose main function is to grant permission to certain system objects such as specific Holidays, Projects or even Pay Codes. For example, if your company has a schedule United States Holidays and Canadian Holidays, you can assign U.S. employees to a United States Permission Group and Canadian employees to a Canadian Permission Group.
You can setup your Holiday schedules, for all employees, in advance for future years.