How can a foreman enter data for a newly hired employee that is not setup in the system?
Sometimes there can be a lag of a half day or full day before a new hire is entered in the system. Particularly if the system of record is an ERP such as SAP or JD Edwards which has lags in its on-boarding process for new hires.
This issue will require a workaround so foremen can record the new hire's data in the system.
Allow Field Superintendent's to create new hire employee profiles
You can can allow field superintendents or project managers the security permission to create new employees.
- Navigate to Admin>System>Security>Security Permissions>Edit the security permission you want to change.
- Navigate to Employees>Enable Can Manage>Enable Can Create>Enable Limited. This will give this user the permission to create new employees.
- After this is enabled, this field manager will see the Employees tab.
- Train the field manager to navigate to Employees>Add.
- He or she will complete the new hire's employee profile with basic information needed to enter data against him on a crew timesheet.
- Required fields are: Login (e.g. unique ID he creates), Last Name (e.g Smith), ID (blank) Password (e.g. 12345 ), Status (Locked)
- This field manager should make sure the new hire employee has a default timesheet template set in the profile.
- At some point in the next 24 hours, payroll/human resource staff will have to have a process to assign the new hire's employee profile with the ERP employee ID. In this way, future updates in the ERP will update the same record.