How do I create amount fields for crew or individual timesheets?
In Pacific Timesheet you can configure pay codes so that they can be used to record amount values in timesheets, such as per diem amounts, on call bonus or pay amounts, spot bonuses, mileage amounts, etc.
To setup an amount pay code:
- Navigate to System>Pay Codes
- Add a new pay code and set its properties.
- Name (e.g. per diem, on call pay, mileage, production)
- Type= Leave and Exception (we need it not to be a work pay code)
- Not requestable
- No Balance
- No Color
- Then, when in edit mode for this pay code, click on Options (lower right)
- Enable "Don't add to hours totals."
- Click okay
This pay code bucket can then be be added to a crew timesheet as a leave and exception column (like vacation), or in an individual timesheet as a leave and exception row.
When you do this, the header will change in the crew timesheet from "Hours" to “Amount” which signifies an amount of dollars, such as a dollar amount for per diem, or a numeric quantity, such as mileage.
The subtle difference here is that the values entered into these pay code buckets will be excluded from leave and exception totals and therefore hours totals as well, effectively making them function as amount values, not hours values.