How do I create a custom employee details report?
There are scenarios where you might want managers to be able to view employee information, but everything about the employee. An employee details report is a way to allow supervisors and other managers to see detailed yet restricted information about employees that would otherwise be available by looking at employee profiles.
You can create a custom version of the Employee Details report template. To do so:
- Navigate to the Reports tab
- Find the Employee Details report template in the employee reports section
- Click on the Plus (+) button to create a custom version of the Employee Details report template.
- On the Employee Details custom report configuration page, click on the Plus (+) button of any field in the Report Column section of the page.
- Select the employee field you would like to add to the report from the report column pick list. Note that this could be any employee standard or custom field.
- In this case, we are adding the Bill Rate
- Move the field up or down with the arrows until it's in the correct position among report columns. Fields on the top to bottom will appear left to right on the report.
- Publish the report by clicking on the two arrows and selecting a security permission(s) you want to publish the report.
- The report will now appear ready to use in your My Reports section at the top of your main Reports page, and the Published Reports section for other users with the security permissions to which you have published the report.